Wednesday, September 12, 2007

All Packed


Because the crew at the 3-Day are all volunteers and because the 3-Day folks care about the crew's backs we are only allowed to have bags that weigh 35 pounds or less. Quite a feat to accomplish when you consider everything I, personally, need to be comfortable sleeping in a tent. Oh gosh. I just thought of something I forgot. Hmmm, a flashlight will have to do. I'll be too tired to care about a night light/tent fan, don't you think? I hope so.

My bag weighed exactly 35 pounds! I squeezed everything in there, and made the weight! W00t! I hope I haven't forgotten anything else.



I also put a couple of decorations on it in case several hundred other walkers heard about the sale Target had on rolling duffel bags.

When we arrive at the starting point of the walk our bags will all go into trucks that will then be taken to camp to wait for us until we finish walking our 23 miles the first day. Then we will have to find our bag in the pile, lug the thing to our camp spot, set up our tent, and then go get some dinner. All this after walking all day. We've been advised not to hit the showers as soon as we get into camp, but to set up and eat first. You see, they don't want to have to drag naked passed out women from the shower stalls. We're to make sure we won't be passing out before we shower. We've also been advised not to lock the porta-potties when we're using them for the same reason. What an adventure!

*Just 2 days left until the 3-Day!
post signature

No comments: