Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Trusty Fanny Pack


This pack has accompanied me through many miles of training, and on Friday I will strap it around my waist and it will travel sixty miles with me over the course of the weekend. It carries my walking essentials: water, sports drink, blister pads, band-aids, power bars, an extra pair of socks, sunscreen, lip balm, Body Glide, foot powder, a rain poncho, my cell phone, ID, money, and my camera.

I've pinned pink ribbons on it...

On the ribbons I've written the names of the people for whom I'm walking; some of them breast cancer survivors and some of them people who eventually lost their battle with breast cancer.


A couple of them are fighting for their lives right now. Whymommy is one of those people. If you haven't met her yet you should. I will take each of them along with me on this walk. It's a small gesture on my part, but I want them and their loved ones to know I'm thinking of and praying for them.

*Just 3 days left until the 3-Day!
post signature

No comments: